Originally designed for maximum security locations Road Blockers are now very popular at commercial sites as they present a formidable obstacle to on-coming traffic.
Used at military bases, government buildings, secure car parks and even golf clubs – MDS road blockers are the ultimate in securing vehicle access.
Specification & Design
Our road barriers come in three main specifications; standard, reinforced and maximum reinforced. All road blockers offer a highly effective ram raid deterrent and act as an excellent security barrier to prevent any unauthorised vehicle access to your site.
- Galvanised and finished in a protective coloured layer to ensure long lasting rust free operation.
- A variety of access control options are available providing quick and convenient access to authorised vehicles.
- Hydraulically powered steel rising security barrier. Despite its heavy duty construction, it is capable of rising in 3-5 seconds.
- Available in a range of rising heights 340, 500, 600 and 800mm. Other sizes available on request.
- Standard, reinforced and maximum reinforced specifications are available.
- Standard 2-5 metre widths available or other sizes made to your exact specifications.
- Best in class installation saves valuable time on site.
- Fully hot-dipped galvanised finish available with yellow and black powder coated chevrons.
Our road blocker systems can be fitted with a range of optional extras to suit customer requirements. We can supply flashing lights, traffic lights and can also integrate into other security barrier devices i.e. to operate in conjunction with a traffic barrier etc.
Access control is controlled via a programmable gic controller which is compatible with all types of interfaces. Choose from a wide range of access control options to meet your exact needs:
- Push button up/down/stop
- Proximity readers
- Card swipe systems
- Induction loops
- Coin/token systems
- Constructed from British Strong Box 2000 mild steel with a fully welded main frame.